DOE 2016 – Energy Efficient K-Factor Transformer
HPS Sentinel K
HPS Sentinel® K energy efficient k-factor distribution transformers are rated for 600 volts and below. K-factor transformers are specifically designed and tested for applications that use non-linear loads.
HPS energy efficient k-factor transformers are the ideal solution for harmonic distortion associated with non-linear loads. They have been designed to tolerate the heating generated by harmonics.
Harmonics can indicate their presence in a number of ways: overheating, device malfunctions, telephone interference, equipment vibration and breakers tripping.
- Meets latest U.S. DOE 10 CFR Part 431 (effective Jan 1, 2016) efficiency standards
- Ratings from 15 to 333 kVA single phase and 15 to 1500 kVA three phase
- Standard three phase voltage groups available at k-factor ratings of K4, K9, K13
- An extensive standard offer complimented by a wide variety of custom products available
- 60 Hz frequency
- Copper and aluminum available
- Standard 150 deg C temperature rise and 220 deg C insulation class
- 10 kV BIL on all 3 phase DOE 2016 product
- UL Listed, CSA Certified
- Custom sizes, ratings and styles available upon request
* Data and drawings subject to change without notice