“At the end of the day, the most evident way to understand what our values mean is to see them at work all around us. To see people be more open and honest with each other, to gather facts to make better decisions, to be more open to change and looking for better ways, to treat others the way we want to be treated. These are the ways that we will see our core values at work throughout HPS.”
– Bill Hammond, CEO
Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with Disabilities
Hammond Power Solutions Inc., (HPS) values honesty, integrity and ethical behavior in our relationships with all of our stakeholders. HPS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors and other stakeholders who enter our premises, or access our information.
As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements of all legislations, including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005). It is our goal as an organization to ensure that we create a barrier free experience for all that come into contact with our organization. We will do so by upholding the requirements under the AODA, including the Customer Service Standard and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, including Employment, Information and Communication Standards.
Approximately 1.8 million Ontarians live with disabilities. It is estimated that as our population becomes older, that number will increase to approximately 1 in 5 people. Our organization has made a commitment to ensure that our services are accessible to everyone. In supporting the community, HPS has an important responsibility for ensuring a safe, dignified and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization’s compliance with accessibility legislation by incorporating policies, procedures, equipment requirements and training for employees. We will review these policies and practices on a regular basis. Our commitment to making our organization accessible to everyone includes the integration of accessibility legislation with our policies, procedures, programs and training. HPS will work to eliminate or minimize the adverse effects of barriers, including physical, environmental, attitudinal, communication and technological barriers that may prevent any individual from the full participation as part of our community.
In working towards this goal, we are committed to reviewing the following information with our employees:
- Legislation regarding the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- Integrated Accessibility Standards for Information and Communications, Employment and Transportation
- Accessible employment practices such as recruitment, assessment, and selection
- Developing emergency response plans and individual workplace accommodation plans for employees with disabilities
- Customer Service standards
- Accessible communication supports and information formats (both digital and non-digital)
- Communicating with people with various forms of disabilities.
- Accessible websites and web content
- Assistive devices, mobility aids, service animals and support persons.
- Transportation vehicles and equipment requirements
- Notices of service disruptions (temporary or long-term)
- HPS’s relevant policies and procedures regarding accessibility
- Reporting procedures
- Training procedures
HPS realizes that providing accessible and barrier-free environments for everyone is a shared effort. As a community, all businesses and services must work together to make accessibility happen. For more detailed information on our accessibility policies, plans, and training programs, please contact Human Resources.
To view a copy of our multi-year plan, click here.
To view a copy of our Accessibility Policy, click here.
Our Customer Service Policy is available upon request.
If you require assistance, or any of this information in an accessible format, you can contact us by mail, phone, or email at:
Hammond Power Solutions – Human Resources
595 Southgate Drive, Guelph, ON N1G 3W6
Phone: (519) 822-2441Back to top