CSA C802.2 – Energy Efficient K-Factor Transformer
HPS Synergy® energy efficient k-factor distribution transformers are rated for 600 volts and below. K-factor transformers are most frequently used for applications such as commercial or institutional buildings.
Energy Efficient K-Factor transformers are energy efficient general purpose transformers, but are designed to tolerate the harmonics distortion associated with non-linear loads.
HPS Synergy® transformers are designed to tolerate heating due to harmonics associated with non-linear loads. Harmonics can indicate their presence in a number of ways: overheating, device malfunctions, telephone interference, equipment vibration, and breakers tripping.
- Meets the following efficiency standards: Canadian Energy Efficiency Regulations SOR/94-651 (and/or CSA C802/2) efficiencies calculated at 35% of rated load
- Efficiencies are calculated under a linear load profile
- 60 Hz frequency
- Three phase ratings from 15 to 1500kVA
- 2 standard three phase voltage groups available at k-factor ratings of K4, K13 and K20
- Copper and aluminum available
- UL Listed, CSA Certified
- Custom sizes, ratings, and styles available upon request